


Last Monday I left to Hong Kong for a week, I had a global meeting on one of my most exciting projects. The first morning in the hotel when I woke up, I was very surprised to see the parc full of people in gym gear but not moving at all, just a very different way to get energised and kick start your day - in Sydney everybody is kick-boxing, jogging or doing bootcamps in the morning. Unfortunately I haven't been able to see much more of the city than the trips from the hotel to work, but HK has a great feel to it, full of energy and it lives at a high pace. I couldn't believe my eyes when I left the office at 10pm one night, the streets were overbusy (see pics), much more so than any time during the day. HK's heart beats at night and all people are out in the streets. The city is full of expats and they are very welcoming, they all have domestic helps that mostly live in (cleaning, cooking, nannying) and tax rates are only 13% - sounds attractive to me. On the downside, all people live in flats (houses with gardens are for presidents only) and the pollution is shocking. 360 days per year, they can't see the other end of the river (I was apparantly very lucky to experience 1 clear day, see pic2 vs pic3).
No comments:
Post a Comment