Friday, February 17, 2012

Farewell Coca-Cola

Dear all,

As you might know, today is my last day at The Coca-Cola Company.
I just wanted to share with you a true story and a small farewell note before I go.

One cold and white December evening, I came home and broke the news to my 3 children that I would be leaving Coca-Cola…
My oldest daughter who has just turned 7 is a very special girl, very thoughtful, caring and always thinking about the others…
And she started crying and was really very upset with this news.Little did I know this was the type of news I would have to bring carefully and reassuringly.
So I asked her what made her so unhappy…

But mum, we won’t be invited to the Christmas party anymore (like in London and Sydney). We won’t see Santa anymore and get these nice presents…
And mummy, you will be losing all your friends at Coca-Cola. They will be very sad. And you won’t have any friends anymore
And mummy, does this mean we will have to hand back your car from Coca-Cola. I so love our family car…

And I think my daughter already fully knows at just 7 - and has summarised in her way - how special Coca-Cola is:

- The magic of the brands and assets that make everyone dream for life
- The great relationships you build and the friends you make for life
- The great ‘overall package’ you get in return for the magic you help to create in the markets with our bottling partners

Thank YOU for
• All that I’ve learnt
• Your passion
• Your laughter and fun
• Your strive for quality
• Your intelligence and rigour
• Your challenges
• Your friendship
• Your genuine values
• Your belief in me, my teams, our plans
• My moves abroad, a personal and professional journey
• My growth as a person, a manager, a leader
• The magic

Anouk

No comments: