Thursday, November 01, 2007

Bloody Halloween


We bumped into our neighbours (with 2 kids) at 4.30pm yesterday and she invited us along to the Halloween tour for the kids on our square at 5pm. Ooohhh, how I hate Halloween, but as a good mum, I didnt want to take away the potential fun for Juleen. So quickly back home we opened all the cupboards looking for some orange and black stuff. This is the best we could do (see pic1)...and off we went. Children were asking her what she was dressed up like (how brutal can they be! ;-)), so we said a scary clown (the mask we made this week came in handy), but some kids were more inventive and told us she was dressed like a pumpkin. Of course, perfect!! Anyway, she quite enjoyed it, especially the moment we got home and ate some of her lollies. So then I had to explain what Halloween was about and I couldn't! She kept asking 'so if it's Halloween party, then who is Halloween, is it a man, is it a lady, who's party is it?? Anyway, I better get the story right for next year and put the date in the calendar. Yes, I will be forced to party along from now on, sigh...

No comments: